It’s time for “Confusing Words of the Week” where I take a set of two or three words that get confused and give you definitions and try to give you a memory trick to help you remember when to use which word. If you have words that confuse you, use the Ask PTB tab on the website or send an email to email@example.com and they may appear here soon!
This week’s words are:
- magnet – something that attracts
- The chocolate cake in the kitchen was a magnet for the dieters.
- magnate – someone of high rank
- He appeared to be a business magnate with his fancy car and nice suits.
- magnet – a “net” to attract
- magnate – this person could have reached such a high rank by what they “ate” along the way