It’s time for “Confusing Words of the Week” where I take a set of two or three words that get confused and give you definitions and try to give you a memory trick to help you remember when to use which word. If you have words that confuse you, use the Ask PTB tab on the website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and they may appear here soon!
This week’s words are:
- collision – a clashing
- The receptionist had a car collision on her way to work today.
- collusion – a scheme to defraud
- He was accused of collusion in billing his elderly client through another corporation.
- collision – remember the “i” as in “incident”
- collusion – remember the “u” as in “fraud”