It’s time for “Confusing Words of the Week” where I take a set of two or three words that get confused and give you definitions and try to give you a memory trick to help you remember when to use which word. If you have words that confuse you, use the Ask PTB tab on the website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and they may appear here soon!
This week’s words are:
- stationary – fixed
- The flagpole was stationary next to the garage.
- stationery – writing materials
- The pretty stationery added to my joy in receiving the letter.
- stationary – a as in always in one place
- stationery – e as in letter.