It’s time for “Confusing Words of the Week” where I take a set of two or three words that get confused and give you definitions and try to give you a memory trick to help you remember when to use which word. If you have words that confuse you, use the Ask PTB tab on the website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and they may appear here soon!
This week’s words are:
- lam – flight from the law (as in on the lam)
- The number of people on the lam every week on Live PD is crazy!
- lamb – a young sheep
- The ewe at the zoo had a lamb with her when we visited.
- lam – Running from the law so they don’t have time to add extra letters.
- lamb – Think of the “b” as the first letter of “baby sheep.”