It’s time for “Confusing Words of the Week” where I take a set of two or three words that get confused and give you definitions and try to give you a memory trick to help you remember when to use which word. If you have words that confuse you, use the Ask PTB tab on the website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and they may appear here soon!
This week’s words are:
- Flier – a pilot
- Her grandfather was a flier in World War II.
- Flyer – an advertising brochure
- The flyer didn’t have the event’s start time.
- Flier – Remember the “i” in Flier is like the “i” in Pilot
- Flyer – Just think about all the advertising brochures you get and how you would like to fold them into paper airplanes that look kind of like the letter “y” upside down–and they don’t need a flier