It’s time for “Confusing Words of the Week” where I take a set of two or three words that get confused and give you definitions and try to give you a memory trick to help you remember when to use which word. If you have words that confuse you, use the Ask PTB tab on the website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and they may appear here soon!
This week’s words are:
- cash – ready money
- It is rare to find someone with cash in their wallet these days.
- cache – a hiding place
- The news reported a cache of weapons found in a house on my street.
- cachet – a mark of approval
- The firm had the cachet of various organizations.
- cash – everyone knows this one
- cache – pronounced ˈkash – placE to hidE cash
- cachet – pronounced ka-ˈshā – you will sashay for the cachet
I like! I just started blogging for my local legal assistants organization. I loved finding your blog this morning. Will certainly check it out more thoroughly as time permits. -dt