It’s time for “Confusing Words of the Week” where I take a set of two or three words that get confused and give you definitions and try to give you a memory trick to help you remember when to use which word. If you have words that confuse you, use the Ask PTB tab on the website or send an email to [email protected] and they may appear here soon!
This week’s words are:
- rye – a grain used to make bread or whiskey
- I like pastrami on rye for a sandwich.
- wry – ironically humorous
- My son has a very wry sense of humor.
- rye – Use the e to remind you that things made with ryE are Edible (and I’m counting drinkable as edible).
- wry – Words are what are used to show the Wry sense of humor.