It’s time for “Confusing Words of the Week” where I take a set of two or three words that get confused and give you definitions and try to give you a memory trick to help you remember when to use which word. If you have words that confuse you, use the Ask PTB tab on the website or send an email to [email protected] and they may appear here soon!
This week’s words are:
- hoard – (n.) a hidden supply; (v.) to hide a supply
- She had a hoard of toothpaste in her cupboard.
- horde – a crowd or throng
- It was hard to find him in the horde of people at the concert.
- hoard – you can keep your hoard of supplies neatly in the cupboard.
- horde – there is no order in a horde.