It’s time for “Confusing Words of the Week” where I take a set of two or three words that get confused and give you definitions and try to give you a memory trick to help you remember when to use which word. If you have words that confuse you, use the Ask PTB tab on the website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and they may appear here soon!
This week’s words are:
- currant – a berry
- I haven’t yet tried currant jam.
- current – (adj.) belonging to the present; (n.) a flow of water or electricity
- Joe needed to do a report on current events.
- Jane was shocked by the electrical current.
- currAnt – jAm made of currant berries
- currEnt – prEsent; Electricity