It’s time for “Confusing Words of the Week” where I take a set of two or three words that get confused and give you definitions and try to give you a memory trick to help you remember when to use which word. If you have words that confuse you, use the Ask PTB tab on the website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and they may appear here soon!
This week’s words are:
- later – more recent; after a time
- You can play on the PlayStation later.
- latter – second in a series of two
- If I had to choose between baked chicken or fried chicken, I would choose the latter.
- later – after without the t (because latter took it)
- latter – second in a series of two; two t’s.